Pages

Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Twilight!!!

Yes I know I'm a few weeks late, but I did want to put my opinion out there on the movie Twilight!

After just this past week I have now seen the movie 3 times...yes that's right....THREE times. Luckily one was free :)

Jeff and I went with our friends Nathan & Angela and Dustin & Christy the first time. We made it a date night and had dinner, did some light shopping, then watched the flick. This was the day it came out, Friday, November 21, 2008. The the next day Jeff and I joined our insurance agency and enjoyed free popcorn, free drinks, and the free movie...did I mention how it was all FREE :)...yes I do love free things. Then I went and saw it this past Saturday with Jeff's sister Jen, brother John and his wife Heather.

My personal opinion-the movie is great for what they had. It was a very low budget movie but I still thought they did an amazing job at capturing the characters and the essence of the story. Yes it was cheesy, but then again so were the books. Yes there was a lot left out, but they covered the basics and just that took over 2 hours!

I thought Robert Pattinson and Kristen Stewart did remarkable jobs as Edward and Bella...talk about a drool fest :)...and even the author, Stephanie Meyer, had her own little 10 second spot in the movie!

Yes I love the books, yes I love the movie...I know they're the same story but I can honestly see them and two separate renditions and appreciate both...kinda like the differences between the 6-hour version of Pride and Prejudice and the 2 hours version of it!

A couple things I was disappointed with:
-The lack of Alice, I know that's more of a personal thing because aside from Edward and Bella, Alice is my favorite character. Then again she doesn't appear as prominent until New Moon, and even more so from then on, so I can't wait!
-The way they portrayed Edwards skin in the sunlight...yes they were low budget, and yes the book says it sparkled like diamonds...I don't know, I guess I just envisioned it differently!

Along with some of my least favorite thing here are a few of my favorites:
-The intensity between Edward and Bella-GREAT job by both actors!
-The baseball game...LOVED it!!!
-Rosalie..I hated her so much I love her!
-And of course, Robert Pattinson actually playing the piano in the movie...yes that was him REALLY playing! I've even heard rumor that HE wrote that song for the movie!

Anyway, there are my two cents. Go see the movie for yourself (if you haven't already) and make your own judgements...just remember to go to it with an open mind!

3 comments:

Tasha Stout said...

I bought the soundtrack and he actually did write a song for the movie. It's called Never Think. It's actually pretty good and He is a musician. I'm glad you liked the movie because I loved it too!

Jennifer B said...

I liked the movie too. It was fun to see it from a different angle I had read about. (though the book trumps the movie, but I think all movies I have seen after reading the book does that.)

Anonymous said...

Hey Jeanette!!! So, I also saw it the night it came out. I thought it was REALLY good as well, but I'm not that big of a fan for who they picked for Edward. Bella was ok, but I agree they did have good intensity between each other. But i TOTALLY agree with you, the Baseball scene was my favorite part of the whole movie!! And they need to show more of Alice. I really liked who they picked for her and James. They chose really good people to portray them. I'm going to go see it again for the second time late Saturday night. I'm so excited!!
Amanda