Pages

Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Jeff's Birthday

Jeff's birthday was on Dec 1st. We started off celebrating when his mom took us (and his siblings) out for dinner to Olive Garden the Saturday before. That is their tradition as far as birthdays go. It was a lot of fun, and VERY yummy (as usual).

Monday night he got to choose what we made for dinner. So we made what we now call "Poor man's Enchilada's". It's more of an inside joke than anything, but basically they turned out to be taco seasoned enchiladas, and boy were they yummy! We spent the rest of the evening at home just lounging around.
On Thursday I finally took him OUT for his birthday. The night started off with eating dinner at Pei Wei in Sugar House. Pei Wei is a delicious Chinese place. We had a bit of excitement there that Jeff says actually "made" his birthday. We were sitting at our table waiting for our food when a man walked in the door. After a few seconds of deliberation, trying to figure out why his face looked familiar, it dawned on me (and Jeff confirmed) it was Mitt Romney!! We were rather surprised and also excited, we're both big fans!! He was with his family and we both felt bad bothering him, so NO we didn't go up and talk to him or anything. I did try to play coy and took a picture of him on my phone...see below :)

After dinner we headed for the Conference Center. I had been trying and trying to get some tickets to the Mormon Tabernacle Choir Christmas concert, but those are nearly impossible to come across if you don't get chosen from the "raffle". So instead we went to their rehearsal on Thursday night. Honestly, and we both agree, the rehearsals are funner to go to. It's all casual and you get to here them work through stuff. We were both fascinated. People were still putting decorations up and everything, it was a really neat experience! Once I again, I didn't have the camera with me, but took some picture on my phone-



I just want Jeff to know how grateful I am for him. He is an amazing man and an even more amazing husband! I love you Honey-babe!!!

1 comment:

Trevor Holms Petersen said...

You took a picture of Mitt??....... Sad sad sad...

Hey Jeff, Happy Birthday. Even though I've never met you, you're pretty much family right?!