Pages

Monday, December 29, 2008

Christmas time!

We had a wonderful, relaxing Christmas this year.

Jeff had the whole week off so he was able to run some errands and get a few things done. I worked 2 1/2 days of the week. On Christmas Eve we were able to go see the newest member on my side of the family, Oliver Comfort Smith-and boy is he a CUTIE!!! He is my brother Alma and his wife Matti's baby. The family is doing well and I'm so happy that everything went well for them. On the way home from their house we took a little drive and looked at some Christmas lights. It has been a tradition that both of our families have done throughout the years and we decided we'd like to continue that. There is one particular street that's actually named Christmas St (or Ave I can't remember). It was amazing to see the whole street, both rows of houses all decked out! Unfortunately I didn't think to pull out my camera, but hopefully I will next year. :) When we got back home we each opened one gift. Jeff got me a popcorn maker-it's my most favorite treat ever! And Jeff got a blanket that I've been crocheting and working on for him.

Christmas Day we slept in and leisurely got ready, then we headed over to Jeff's mom's house. We had a big breakfast and then opened presents. We got a good amount of stuff and we're very thankful to all of our family for the gifts! We spent the remainder of the day relaxing, watching movies, chatting, etc. It started snowing around noon and didn't stop until well into the early morning the next morning. We almost stayed at Jeff's mom's house but decided we'd try to make it home. A drive that would normally take 10-15 minutes turned into a good 30-45 minutes! Here are a few pictures of our day :)
This is our first Christmas being married!
Jeff's mom and sister, Jen, figuring
out the new mixer!
By the next morning we had about 8 inches of snow. And we got another inch or two the next day as well. Too much snow in my opinion!

No comments: