Pages

Sunday, December 19, 2010

A little catching up...

So I know I have a LOT of catching up to do. While doing that blog challenge I neglected doing actual updates. We've been rather busy the last couple of months. The beginning of November my wonderful mom turned 60, so my whole family got together here in SLC, without my mom's knowledge, and surprised her. It was great. My dad rented a house that we were all able to fit in and the weather was fabulous. We had a great time.

Thanksgiving was great also. We traveled down to my parents house in Nevada and spent the weekend there. Our trip was cut a day short by a huge snow storm that moved in, but the time we had there was great. The only ones that couldn't make it for Thanksgiving was my sister Brenda and her family in Idaho because of another snow storm. We missed having them there. One of my brothers-in-law brought some guns and skeets and most of us went out and took turns shooting. I managed to hit 3 :)!! The dinner was delicious, as always, and our group got so big that we ended up eating at the church. That night we had a trip down memory lane when one of my nephews pulled out an old mattress and got a lot of the nieces and nephews to mattress surf down my parents stairs. We even took the girls down a couple of times and they loved it. Brooklyn got very upset whenever we made her get off the mattress.

The last couple of weeks have been a little rough with all of us taking turns being sick. It started with Emmalyn, then me, then Brooklyn, and is finishing up with Jeff. We ended up going through quite the ordeal with Emmalyn. Hers first started out as a cough and runny nose but then she started sounding very "rattly" and wheezy while she breathed. So I took her into the pediatrician. They did a chest x-ray on her and said they couldn't "see anything for certain" and "guessed" that it was either an early stage of pneumonia or she had swallowed something that got stuck in her throat. So we took her up to Primary Children's Hospital to do some more extensive x-rays and testing. They confirmed that neither of the previous guesses were right and said she had Reactive Airway Disease, which basically means her throat was reacting to a virus and was inflamed. So we've had to give her some breathing treatments but she seems to be much better now. Of course now Brooklyn is starting to do what Emmalyn did, so it'll be interesting to see how things play out with her.

Anyway, that's about all that's been going on around here, including continuing on in the job search and getting ready for Christmas. Sorry there are no pictures by I have to get some from my family since I've gotten really bad at taking my camera out when we're doing stuff! Hope everyone is having and continues to have a wonderful Christmas season.

No comments: