Pages

Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Halloween week...

Everyone else has Halloween posts so I thought I'd put one up of my own. Our Halloween week was kinda busy, but not nearly as crazy as some. Monday and Tuesday were spent running errands after work (including EARLY voting...best thing invented ever regarding politics) and watching Dancing with the Stars :) (my-Jeanette's-new addiction).

Wednesday we headed up to Bountiful Temple to finish up some family names that my Grandpa Smith had given us a little while ago. We decided to go to Bountiful because neither of us had been there to do any work (Jeff had gone to the open house, but that was it), and we wanted to change things up a bit. So we grabbed some grub at yummy Cafe Rio then headed up there. The temple is beautiful. We only did baptisms, but we are looking forward to going up again to do other work as well.

Thursday I went out for a ladies night with my friend Angela. We went and saw Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants: 2 at the $1.50 theater. We each enjoyed our own bag of deliciously buttery popcorn! It's so fun to go out with the girls and get away from the boys every now and then. Granted I usually end up missing Jeff by the time the night is over, but not enough to make me not want to go again!

Friday was full of all sorts of fun! My building does a big Halloween celebration full of contests/prizes, trick-or-treating of employees' family members, LOTS of food, etc. I even had a couple visitors of my own. My cousin, Marianne (Ty's wife) brought their little boy Kent. Then shortly after they left my sister-in-law, Matti, brought Bella in. Both kids were adorable! The area that I'm in had a HUGE pot luck lunch of Potato Bar (one of my favorites). That evening, after work, Jeff and I headed over to Alma and Matti's house for some delicious chili and cornbread and a fun Halloween movie. It was so fun to watch Bella trick-or-treat to a few houses, and even more fun to watch her get excited when the trick-or-treaters came to their house. It was a great evening all around!

Saturday we slept in :) then did a lot of work around the house (yes we're still trying to get COMPLETELY settled). It doesn't help that I get so OCD about things! We went out for a drive with Jeff's mom to go see a house she was thinking about buying. Then headed home again to make dinner. Ty and Marianne joined us and we enjoyed chatting and eating with them (as we usually do).

Sunday was a peaceful/restful day (with the exception of our Sunbeam class, they were quite the handful this week, for some reason).

Anyway, here are some pictures of the Bella and Kent when they came to my office to trick-or-treat. They were quite the hit!


Isn't she the cutest Tinker Bell you've ever seen?!!

And the cutest little spider that ever was! Even Jeff can't be afraid of him!

2 comments:

Jennifer B said...

Sounds like you had a wonderful Halloween & the kids are too cute. It is good to go on girls night. I need to go on one soon. =)

Cam & Nat said...

hey we get to find out next month. they let you find out around 20 weeks