Pages

Monday, January 25, 2010

One busy woman!!

As I've mentioned before I babysit another little girl during the day, Mon-Fri. On most days it's not too bad...yes I feel like I'm constantly making bottles, changing diapers, and feeding babies but when I get them on a good rotation it all can go pretty smoothly. Then there are days when one or two or all three babies just feel like being little pills. Just recently all three of them were going through growth spurts...that was an interesting couple of days. I had three seemingly-constant hungry babies and all three cranky. Not to mention that my girls were once again waking up anywhere between 3:30 and 4:30 in the morning wanting MORE food. Luckily those days have passed, for now...until the next growth spurt or sickness hits. As I said before though, most days go relatively smoothly. On one of those not-so-smooth days I had all three babies hungry and wanting food all at once (which surprisingly doesn't really happen all that often...as I said, it's all about the rotation I can get them on). So Jeff came down the stairs to this...


Needless to say, I passed limits that I never though I'd be able to. Granted it's not something I want to do extremely often, or even at all. But when it has to be done, it has to be done. If nothing else I'm getting a glimpse at what it would've been like if I hadn't miscarried the triplet we had. I think the Lord knew my limits of sanity!!

People ask me all the time how many bottles I go through in a day. Well for those inquiring minds here you are...

That's just on a normal day...I've had days when there are more and very few days that are less. But every night this is what the top rack of my dishwasher looks like...relatively anyway.

I know people say that I shouldn't wish for the girls to grow up too fast, but there is one thing that I'm rather anxious for them to learn...
...holding their own bottles. They've done it a few times, but not on purpose. My brother Neal was staying with us for a few days and Emmalyn decided she wanted to hold/support her own bottle, so I took a quick picture!!

It was so great to have Neal here with us for a few days. He's leaving for his mission to Brazil the first part of February so it was really nice to spend some extra time with him before he goes. Plus he was a huge help to me with the three girls during the day and gave us an excuse to cook some food that we don't cook on a normal basis!! Here is a fun picture of Emmalyn and Neal...Emmalyn was very tired but fighting the sleep, so she sat like this...
...just staring at Neal for a good 10-15 minutes. It was so cute. She'd never smile or anything she just sat and stared at him!!
Thanks again Neal for coming and playing with us!!

1 comment:

Jennifer B said...

Oh My! You are amazing!! I was watching a 2 year old & 5 month old & I thought I would loose my mind (on top of my 4,2, & 11month. You are just awesome. Keep up the being the great mom you are!!