Pages

Wednesday, March 4, 2009

A small glimpse at a miracle...

Well folks the time has come (finally) that we are happy to announce:

WE ARE PREGNANT!!!

Yes that is right, we have a little baby on the way! We are so excited and are looking forward to this new step in life that we are taking. We actually just heard the heartbeat for the first time this afternoon. It was such an amazing and humbling experience. It was our small glimpse at OUR little miracle. :) The whole thing just seemed so surreal and the doubts were coming, but now we have just that little more proof that there's really a little human being developing in there.

As for me, well I'm 12 weeks along...so almost done with the first trimester. I haven't got sick hardly at all (sorry for those that did get really sick), as long as I keep food in my stomach I'm good to go. I have been overwhelmingly tired though and no longer enjoy pasta :( Hopefully that will pass!!

I will add pictures later of how we told our families...we had a little fun with it all :) But for now I'm just too tired!! (Imagine that)

7 comments:

The Ames Family said...

Congrates! It is such a wonderful expereince. Enjoy every moment.

Trevor Holms Petersen said...

WOAH! I'm going to be a cousin uncle!

Veronica Haley said...

Yay!! ( i already knew though, im part of the smith family)
P.S the idea to tell us was so cute!!!

Juliekins said...

I saw this link on Madison's blog!

So Holy Cow! You sneeky! I am so glad you are not sick. Congratulations!

akrollins said...

I am so happy for you guys I wish I could have seen you a couple of weeks ago when we were in town i promise to call the next time we are in the area. I love and miss you. congrats on your new adventure of motherhood.

Laura said...

Yeah Jeanette! I am so excited for you guys! I am jealous you haven't been sick, but it's fun that we are due so close to the same time. Tim actually told me as soon as he knew, which of course was sooner than you wanted :)

Tyann said...

Hey, it's Tyann, Katie's cousin. Congrats on being a mommy! The first one is such a great experience. (And so are the next three, if you get that far, ha ha!) Good luck with everything!