Pages

Sunday, May 18, 2008

C.E.R.T.-Community Emergency Response Team


This past week I finished up my last CERT class. I volunteered to become a member of the CERT team at work, but this will also be helpful in my home and community.

In this program you learn how to help in disaster relief and a trained community member. We aren't trained in full CPR, AED, or First Aid, but we are taught basics of caring for people and even rescuing people after a disaster. The classes were fascinating and I loved learning what I did. I honestly hope that nothing major ever happens in the area but it is nice to know the basics of what I can do to help out when/if something does occur.

Personally I am CPR and First Aid certified...I have been pretty since I was old enough to be. But ever since I can remember my mom has been a volunteer EMT back home and so I've known the skills for a LONG time!!! Thank you mom for teaching me all the wonderful things that you have, with those skills I feel even more prepared just to be a better wife (Jeff is sometimes accident prone!), mother, and now a community member!

Learn more about C.E.R.T.

No comments: