Pages

Thursday, May 1, 2008

A blessed event

So the reason I could only stay at the girls' weekend with my sister was two of our very dear friends got married on Saturday, April 26, 2008.

The image “http://www.mywedding.com/dustinchristy/images/EngagementPic4x63.jpg” cannot be displayed, because it contains errors.

Dustin Ericksen and Christy Steele were sealed for time and all eternity in the Mt. Timpanogas temple in American Fork, UT. The day started VERY early (especially for me, since I didn't get home until 1:00 am) with getting to the temple at 7:30 am...may I mention it takes a good 35-45 minutes to get down there from where we live. The sealing ceremony started at 8 and was over before it seemed possible. The ceremony was beautiful and very special. I personally loved it because it's the first one we've been able to witness since Jeff and I got married.

After a quick (well quick on our part) picture-taking session Jeff and I headed to IHOP with some new found friends Nathan and Angela, because we were all starving! After eating and chatting Jeff and I headed to Bed Bath & Beyond to grab one last gift for the newly married couple. With my being VERY tired due to a severe lack of sleep, we headed back to the church where the luncheon was to be held and I took a quick nap while Jeff read. The luncheon started around 1 pm. It was a good lunch and fun to once again visit with new (and old, on Jeff's part) friends.

Once the luncheon was over we had another few hours to kill before the reception was to start. We debated driving back home, but decided against it...gas is just WAY too much! So we went to Walmart to grab a few groceries, then once again went back to the church parking lot and slept :).

The reception started at 5:30 and it was your typical reception, but a lot of fun towards the end when the fun stuff started. Jeff was able to catch up with some old friends that he hasn't seen in awhile. For the first time ever for either of us, we did NOT have to participate in the "single" events (bouquet and garter tosses). The entire day was overall beautiful and very special and fun to share with the happy couple. The reception ended around 8 pm and Jeff and I headed home.

CONGRATS DUSTIN AND CHRISTY ERICKSEN!!!

No comments: