Pages

Sunday, March 30, 2008

Exciting news!

Hello everyone,

I just wanted to spread out the good news that I have found a job!!! I will be working as a secretary for the Board of Education through the state of Utah. I'm very excited for this job to start, ever since they interviewed me I've had the best of feelings and can't wait to start. They were even kind enough to give me a week after quitting Sharper Image before starting to recuperate!!!

For those who don't know, The Sharper Image filed for Chapter 11 bankruptcy and as a result the store that I am/was working at is closing. I was going to stay through the liquidation sale, but the terms were ridiculous and the pay/incentives weren't near enough.

I feel so blessed to have this opportunity to move on in my life and to better my skills. It's been a rough rode for the past little while with my job being in limbo and Jeff and I trying to get everything paid off and taken care of...but now I can see the light, in fact after tomorrow (my last official day at S.I.) I feel I will be standing IN the light!


P.S. On a side note, I also just found out the movie version of a recently read and loved book will be released in December of this year...for all you other Twilight series by Stephanie Meyer fans know that the movie of Twilight will be out December 12, 2008...I'm SOOOO excited!!! For those that have not heard of these books and/or read them, I HIGHLY recommend you get started, they are absolutely AMAZING!!! Here is her site, check it out:

http://www.stepheniemeyer.com/twilight.html

4 comments:

Vera said...

congrats on your new job!!!

Anonymous said...

Hi Jeanette! It's Amanda, your cousin. I'm so excited about the Twilight movie! I love the books. Did you know that the 4th book is coming out in August? It's called Breaking Dawn. I can't wait for that to come out!

Anonymous said...

I would just like to take the credit for introducing and forcing you to read the Twilight books! HA! I will send you some more links (they're from the set of the movie...!)

Btw-have you read Edwards version "midnight sun"?? Must read! It's on her website!
Love ya!
-Beth

Jennifer B said...

Glad to hear that you were able to find another job. I know that must be a huge burden off your mind. Good luck!!